Following severe reactions caused by poison ivy when pulling a plant’s roots, using the best weed killer for poison ivy is the way to go. Some of the best weed killer for poison ivy includes the following:
Best Weed Killers for Poison Ivy in 
Roundup 5203980 Poison Ivy Plus Tough Brush Killer
This product is formulated with two powerful ingredients designed to work on the waxy leaves that are so difficult to penetrate.
The outcome from Roundup is among the best for killing weeds and other plant pests since all you need to do with the product are to spray the leaves on the poison ivy plant until they are thoroughly saturated.
- It is capable of killing even the toughest weeds and grasses to the roots
- It is rain prove in 30 minutes.
- It produces immediately visible results within 24 hours.
- It can also kill other plant conditions such as poison oak and poison sumac and invasive vines and shrubs, including kudzu and wild blackberry.
- It is convenient and easy to use
- It can be harmful when exposed to other plants that can be consumed.
Bonide Products 506 Poison Oak and Ivy Killer
This product uses Trimec, a fast and effective herbicide that destroys plant pests from the leaves to the roots.
Bonide product 506 can kill not only poison ivy but also other difficult-to-manage broadleaf plants, including dandelion, thistle, and stinging nettle.
- It is easy to apply since it comes ready to be used in a spray bottle.
- It can kill poison ivy permanently, and it cannot re-emerge at all.
- It is capable of killing other hard manageable broadleaf plants such as dandelion apart from poison ivy.
- It is easy to use since it comes ready with adjustable nozzles that control the application, especially with the purple color, making the user see where they have sprayed and where they have not.
- It may cause damage to your lawn or other plants.
- Their spray bottles that come ready to use tend to leak.
Ortho MAX Poison Ivy and Tough Brush Killer
The product is a concentrated formula applied by a tank sprayer or by adding a horse end sprayer to your garden horse.
It is designed to take care of more than 60 different types of weeds and brush and tackle woody plants, vines, and stumps.
- It keeps weeds from coming back for years.
- It is rainproof for several hours.
- It can penetrate the leaves and get to work on the plant.
- It can destroy other plant conditions away from poison ivies such as wild blackberries or kudzu.
- It is harmful to human beings, mainly when applied to plants without wearing gloves and other protective gear.
- It can be harmful when exposed to other plants.
Southern Ag 100520254 Crossbow Specialty Herbicide
One of the significant aspects of this poison ivy killer is that it covers a lot of ground depending on how strong you mix it.
It usually comes in a bottle that can cover between a half and a three-quarter acre of land. This product is strong and as such require dilution before it is applied.
- It is useful for killing poison ivy for large size of land
- It can also kill other invasive broadleaf plants
- It is concentrated and can make up to 96 gallons of spray solutions from the same bottle.
- It is an excellent solution for spraying along edges of wooded areas as well as fences or roadsides.
- It is harmful to a human being when applied without proper protective gear.
Bio-Advanced 704655A Brush Killer
This product is always ready for use, and it comes in a bottle with a spray wand attachment for precise application.
It works on poison ivy and other conditions such as poison oak, blackberry, kudzu, and more than 70 different types of weeds and brushes challenging to kill.
- It is so strong since it can even kill stumps.
- It can get down to the roots by penetrating the waxy leaves to kill the whole plant down to the roots.
- It is ready to use formulae because it comes with a spray wand attachment for precise application.
- Capable of killing even the most robust plants down to the roots.
- It can be sold as Bayer advanced
- It is not useful during the rainy season because it drains fast after a few hours.
- It is difficult to apply on stumps since it requires covering the stump with undiluted concentrate using a dedicated paintbrush for quick and focused control.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. This commission helps us to continue to bring you the best and most relevant content.
READ ALSO: Does bleach (chlorine) kill Poison Ivy?
- Where Can I Purchase Bed Bug Bombs? - January 30, 2023
- Where Can I Buy Something to Kill Bed Bugs? - January 30, 2023
- Where Can I Buy Bed Bug Spray? - January 30, 2023