If you are looking for the best oils to kill and prevent lice, there are a number of essential oils that proved to be effective along with combing that eliminates head lice.
Before you use any essential oil, you are recommended to dilute them with a carrier oil.
The mixture of the diluted essential oil should then be placed on the back of the user’s hand to prove for any reaction and whether it is safe for use.
Top-rated Essential Oils for Lice Control
The best-rated lice control essential oils you can buy in the market today include:
1. Tea Tree Oil Treatment for Lice
Tea tree oil is made from the leaves of tea tree plants. The product is suitable for treating and preventing head lice. Tea tree oil has a high concentration of essential oils effective in killing lice.
- The product can get rid of lice at a faster rate as compared to other products.
- It does not require re-treatment.
- It is non-toxic
- The product does not mess around with lice kits.
- It kills lice instantly
- The product is capable of killing all lice and their eggs in one session.
- It might not kill all the lice due to developed resistance
- High doses of tea tree oil can cause scalp irritation
- It is toxic if consumed by a human being
Handcraft Tea Tree Essential Oil
Experience the power of 100% pure and natural Tea Tree essential oil with Handcraft Blends. This oil is carefully sourced from the finest regions around the world and bottled in the USA. Each batch is rigorously tested by an independent lab to ensure premium therapeutic grade quality with no fillers, additives, or dilutions. The high-quality glass bottle and dropper make it easy to get the exact amount of oil without any waste. Tea Tree oil has a wide range of uses and blends well with other oils such as Bergamot, Cedarwood, Clove, Clary Sage, Lemon, Patchouli, Rosemary, and Sandalwood.
100% pure and natural
Premium therapeutic grade quality
High-quality glass bottle and dropper
Poor packaging (reported by some customers)
2. Lavender Oil for Lice
Lavender essential oils are made directly from the lavender plant. The product results from distilling techniques that are highly concentrated making it suitable for killing lice.
The product is full of health benefit that includes pain relief, air freshening, and even hair care perks.
- It helps to promote hair growth
- The product is anti-microbial
- The essential oil is suitable for killing and preventing head lice
- It may help to curb skin inflammation
- The product has a calming effect and divine fragrance
- Lavender essential oils can cause rashes, hives or dermatitis on the user
- They can be harmful when exposed to your eyes
- The product causes harm to the nervous system when inhaled
Radha Beauty – Lavender Essential Oil
Experience the soothing and refreshing effects of Radha Beauty’s Lavender Essential Oil. 100% natural, vegan, and cruelty-free oil is sourced from France and packaged in the USA in a cobalt blue bottle to ensure maximum protection from ultraviolet light. The large 4 oz bottle comes with a premium glass dropper for ease of use. Lavender oil has a wide range of uses including aromatherapy, massage, skincare, diffusers, homemade blends, bath bombs, laundry, sprays, and use in homes, offices, and gardens. It is ideal for relaxation, quality sleep, headaches, clear breathing, and household freshness.
100% natural, vegan, and cruelty-free
Sourced from France and packaged in the USA
Large 4 oz bottle with premium glass dropper
Strong fragrance that may not be to everyone's taste
Can cause a tingling sensation on the scalp for a few minutes
Some customers have reported issues with the packaging
3. Neem Oil for Lice
Neem oil for lice is a natural byproduct of the neem tree. The oil is usually pressed from the tree’s fruits and seeds.
The product can kill lice as well as promote a healthy scalp and hair. Neem oil for lice is composed of fatty acids limonoids and antioxidants.
The topical application delivers these nutrients directly to your hair potentially resulting in healthier locks as well as killing lice.
- Neem oil for lice can condition your scalp
- The product promotes healthy hair growth
- It can cause temporal seal hair follicles
- It can soothe frizz
- Suitable for treating head lice
- Can reduce dandruff
- The product minimizes greys.
- Neem oil for lice should be diluted by carrier oil before topical application
- You should complete a patch test before applying the diluted neem oil for lice
Just Trusted Organics – Neem Oil for Skin, Hair, and Nails
One of the products we recommend for healthy hair and skin is the Just Trusted Organics Neem Oil. This all-natural and multipurpose solution is infused with neem oil extract, essential fatty acids, antioxidants, and vitamin E to nourish dry hair, fight fine lines and wrinkles, and keep skin blemishes at bay. With its hydrating properties, it reduces dryness on the scalp and hair follicles for vibrant, luscious locks. It’s also great for rejuvenating dry and damaged skin, promoting stronger nails, and caring for your furry friends. Even your indoor and outdoor plants can benefit from this concentrated neem oil.
All-natural and multipurpose solution
Infused with neem oil extract, essential fatty acids, antioxidants, and vitamin E
Hydrates the scalp and hair for vibrant, luscious locks
Smell is not pleasant for some people
Some customers have reported that the product is more watery than expected
Not all are pleased with results
4. Clove Essential Oil for Lice
Clove essential oil for lice have a spicy and warm aroma that anyone choosing to purchase any oil for lice should pick on it. The product is obtained from a brown, dried, unopened flower bud that grows on an evergreen tree.
The product has two components namely Eugenol and β-caryophyllene that makes it suitable for killing and preventing lice
- The product odor is capable of driving lice away
- Made of two components suitable for repelling lice from your scalp.
- It promotes the growth of hair when applied to the scalp
- It is effective in killing head lice
- The product causes itching and rashes
- It may result in mild skin irritation
Nexon Botanics – Organic Clove Essential Oil
Nexon Botanics’ Organic Clove Bud Essential Oil – the ultimate solution for your health and beauty needs. Made from pure, natural, and undiluted ingredients, our clove oil is cruelty-free, non-GMO, and contains no additives or fillers.
Packaged in the USA and cruelty-free, this clove oil also comes with an external dropper for ease of use. Experience the comforting benefits of clove oil and purchase Nexon Botanics’ Organic Clove Bud Essential Oil today!
Exudes a warm and spicy aroma that helps to relax the mind and ease anxious feelings
Soothes itchiness and redness on the skin
Effective against lice and for tooth pain
Not edible or food grade
Some may find the scent overpowering
The scent is woody and some may not prefer it
5. Cinnamon Oil for Lice
Cinnamon leaf oil for lice is derived from a tree’s outer back or its leaves hence its two main varieties-cinnamon back essential oil and cinnamon leaf essential oil.
The product is made up of cinnamaldehyde which gives its warming and comforting scent characteristics.
- The product exhibit anti-fungal, and anti-microbial properties
- Apart from preventing lice, this product can calm dry skin
- It can also address rashes and infections
- Suitable for nourishing the skin.
- Can slow the look of aging and revive the skin tone
- The product produces an unpleasant odor
- It is usually expensive
Grimweed Apothecary – Organic Cinnamon Essential Oil
Organic Cinnamon Essential Oil by Grimweed Apothecary is a versatile and high-quality oil that is perfect for aromatherapy, topical use, and internal use when properly diluted. Made from 100% organic cinnamon bark, this oil offers a powerful and uplifting aroma that is sure to fill your home with a cheerful atmosphere. The oil is also perfect for helping alleviate feelings of depression, exhaustion, and stress.
100% organic cinnamon bark essential oil
Versatile uses: topically, aromatically, and when properly diluted internally
Aroma helps fight lice and alleviate feelings of depression, exhaustion, and stress
Some reviewers mentioned difficulty getting past the scent
Some reviewers mention that it evaporated while in the bottle
Some reviewers mention that they do not enjoy the scent
6. Coconut Oil for Lice
Coconut Oil for Lice is a suitable and possible treatment for head lice. The lauric acid in coconut oil increases its efficiency for killing lice.
If you want to treat lice with coconut oil, you will require a plastic shower cap, enough coconut oil to thoroughly cover your hair.
- The product is suitable for killing and preventing head lice
- It can kill both lice and any nit in your hair.
- It contains lauric acid which is suitable for killing lice within a shorter period
- The product is non-toxic to the users
- The product should be slightly above room temperature so that to form a liquid.
- It can cause rashes and irritation to allergic users
Handcraft Blends – Coconut Oil
Introducing Handcraft Blends’ 100% Pure and Natural Fractionated Coconut Oil, a versatile carrier oil for all your essential oil needs. Whether you’re looking for a moisturizer for your skin, hair, or even your pets, this oil is the perfect choice. Made in the USA, it is free from harmful chemicals and additives, making it safe for use on all skin types.
100% Pure and Natural, making it safe for all skin types
Versatile carrier oil that can be used for aromatherapy, essential oil mixing, massage, and as a hair and skin moisturizer
Lightweight and provides a silky-smooth feeling on the skin without clogging pores
Rich in antioxidants that help improve scalp health and support hair growth
Some users may not like the smell of the oil
Some users may find that it is too oily for their hair
Some users may not find it to be moisturizing enough
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. This commission helps us to continue to bring you the best and most relevant content.
MORE REVIEWS: Top-rated lice deterrents you can buy today