Insects are often seen as pests, and for good reason — they can transmit diseases and cause other types of damage. One particularly pesky insect is the tick, which can carry a variety of harmful organisms.
Some people advocate for eliminating ticks through chemical treatments such as using Advocate. In this article, we explore if using Advocate for ticks is the way to go.
Does Advocate Kill Ticks
Yes, Advocate kills ticks. Advocate is a tick and flea preventative for dogs that contain the active ingredient imidacloprid. Imidacloprid belongs to a class of insecticides called neonicotinoids, which are known to be highly toxic to insects.
When used as directed, Advocate is safe and effective at preventing ticks and fleas from attaching and feeding on dogs.
However, it’s important to note that Advocate is not a cure for infestations of ticks or fleas. If your dog already has an infestation of ticks or fleas, you will need to use a separate product such as NexGard to get rid of them.
How to Use Advocate for Tick Control
- Shake the can well before use.
- Hold the can about 6-8 inches from the pet’s body and spray evenly, making sure to cover all areas where ticks may be found, including behind the ears, around the neck, and between the legs.
- Repeat as necessary, but no more than once a day.
- Always consult with a veterinarian before using Advocate on pregnant or nursing animals.
How long does Advocate take to kill ticks?
Advocate Kills Ticks Within 4 Hours. Applied topically, Advocate quickly kills ticks within four hours of application, before they can bite and transmit diseases such as Lyme disease, babesiosis, and ehrlichiosis.
FAQs on Advocate for Ticks
Does Advocate kill all ticks on dogs?
Yes, Advocate is an effective tick treatment that kills all ticks on dogs. Advocate also helps protect dogs against fleas, heartworms, and other parasites. It’s one of the most complete parasite protection available for dogs.
Does Advocate kill all ticks on cats?
Yes, Advocate does kill all ticks on cats. It’s a topical medication that is applied to the skin and kills both fleas and ticks.
It’s important to use Advocate regularly as prescribed by your veterinarian in order to keep your cat free of these pests.
- Where Can I Purchase Bed Bug Bombs? - January 30, 2023
- Where Can I Buy Something to Kill Bed Bugs? - January 30, 2023
- Where Can I Buy Bed Bug Spray? - January 30, 2023